Sunday, August 20, 2006

On The Road, Again

I get to fly again today! Yay!

It's another short flight, but still a hassle, especially with all the issues surrounding airports lately. As long as the flight includes no Muslims wearing coats and sweaters in the middle of summer, I'm sure it will all go well.

The absolute bestest part of this trip is that after I land, I get to drive for four hours in a rental car! Double yay!

It's my own fault. Partly because of issues I kept having with making connections and long flight delays, I proposed a new travel policy for our company. It requires us to fly direct to large airports and then drive to a final destination, as opposed to taking a short commuter flight to a small airport. This applies when the destination is a 4 hour drive or less. It makes sense when you consider that even a one hour flight can mean up to three hours of extra travel, including waiting time at the gate, and that two flights doubles the chance for an extended delay. We figured the extra hour is worth it since by driving we some control over whether we arrive at our destination at all.

But because of the policy, I have to drive four hours through Tennessee and Mississippi, do a presentation in the morning, then drive another four hours to get my flight home.

Needless to say, blogging will be light until tomorrow night.

Technorati tags:

No comments: